Probably the most thrilling options of the Samsung Galaxy S4 is the flexibility to regulate your cellphone along with your physique the usage of the more than a few sensors and cameras. By way of putting your quit the sunshine sensor, you’ll mute any sounds taking part in out of your telephone.
Surroundings Up the Palm Movement Characteristic
- Go to the Settings app. Search for the equipment icon and faucet it.
- Tap on the “My device” tab at the top to access your device settings.
- Scroll down with your finger and tap on “Motions and gestures”. It should be under the “Input and control” section.
- Tap on “Palm motion”. If it’s not already done, activate the feature by sliding the switch until it turns green, first.
- Activate the “Mute/Pause” feature by sliding the switch.
- Optional: If you’d like, you can play the tutorial by tapping the text.
Muting Sounds with Your Hand
This section will use the Music app as an example.
- Go to the Music app and play a song as usual.
- Place your entire hand on your phone with your palm touching the screen.
- The song should now be paused. To resume playback, tap the play button.
- Explanation: The Samsung Galaxy S4 (as well as the previous model, S III) contains a light sensor which detects changes in the ambient light in the environment. When your hand covers the sensor. this change is detected and the sensor communicates with the Android operating system to mute any sounds.
- Tapping the screen with your hand (not finger) also mutes sounds; this is because your hand still covers the sensor for a brief second.
- Your hand can also be used to silence any alarms, video playback, and ringers.